Sunday, April 19, 2009





































My perfect day

Now I don't want to scare you all we did not eat the above menu in one go. We spaced it out though out the day. we paced ourselves. We walked our buts off too so make no mistake we earned every calorie. Well almost. It started like this, Ethan woke Stuart and I up saying he wanted porridge with friut. YUM! then at breakie we all got the bad news Dad had to work. Bummer! So I said how's about we go on the Ferry! the kids were stoked. Ethan screamed "I've never been on a boat before" and you know what he hadn't! I couldn't believe I'd never, in his 5 years of life, taken him on a boat. So off we went to packs our back packs suit up. Dad dropped us at the sparkling water front about 11am and we were buzzing. When we arrived the ferry had just left so we bought our tickets for the next one and went to Mojo for a hot chocolate and as the kids pointed out they had breakie a "whole 2 hours ago" and wanted lunch. So pizza was ordered. They ate, we laughed, and told jokes then we went for a walk which ended in a battle of "quick slap". A game of speed and reflex and if you don't move your hads fast enough you get them smacked, I am telling you I though Ethan was going to wet his pants laughing. The kids got so tickled when they thought they'd got me good. I put it on saying "Owwwwweeee!" it was so fun and so not PC. Before we knew it the ferry was ready and we got on board. Now I don't need to tell you if you live in Wellington the weather was bliss Sunday. Sunny Autumn skies no chill just lovely. The boat ride was smooth and so fun. Gretta said to me on the boat ride the wind ripping through our hair "I feel like I'm young again" SHES 8! I laughed so hard. Once we got off in Days Bay it was a 10 min walk from the dock to Eastbourne along the coast. The walk was totally fun. When we got to Eastbourne we wlaked around took a look at few shops, decided we'd earned some hot chips and a play at the Fort playground. so so cool. what looks like an old torture chainber from the medievil times the kids slid and rolled and swung and fell and lughed and ate and did I say swung, swingged, what is it, it was fun? then off we went to catch the ferry home again. We missed it by 10 min so we had to play on the beach for another HOUR geeze talk about "turture". We went to the end of the dock to wait for the ferry after a while and noticed a wee family fishing with bait traps. We peered over the side and there were thousands of wee spotted fish all swimming around the pier. These kids had bread in the traps and when one would swim in the clear tube trap they'd pull it up and take a look at it and throw it back. No one was hurt just a bunch of kids looking and wee fishes. I was cracking up at how excited all these little kids were when one of them would get one. They'd all squeel and say "you did it!" "wow you got one" "thats so cool!" "wow you got four" then the ferry came. we got on. The sun was setting as we pulled into the city dock. The city looked magical. I thought to myself how rare the kids actually get to see the city at night. Always tucked in bed about this time or at least home. They were so excited still. Took a taxi home. they had a bath then off to sleep. I got into the worst mismatch pajamas I could find played around online and then had a ice cream sandwich IN BED because I'm alone in a big bed and that's what I'd be doing if I was single. All up it was a nearly perfect

We didn't have Dad with us as I posted this Stuart came home from work and read this post. he wanted me to write that. he's right we did miss him but the pizza helped the pain:)

No comments: