Friday, February 06, 2009


The other day, before the new school term started, I stayed home and had a lovely day with the kids. At the end of the day we went on a lovely bike ride and play at the park. We decided to get some ice creams on our way home and stop off at the shop for a visit with Katie. I decided to check my emails... I know now that was not the thing to do as I can never just "check" my emails I end up responding to them and looking up stuff and 5 minutes turns into 15. While doing this Gretta was chatting with Katie but Ethan my 5 year old waiting for me outside the shop under the bikes. I went outside and said "you alright buddy? would you like to come in and wait? I will just be a wee bit longer." to which he said, " Nah, I'll just guard the bikes Mum".
So here's my new years resolution (bit late) I promise to actually not come in on my day off. And I'd like to say Thanks Ethan, you're a trooper.

No comments: